What is Tragacanth Gum / Snow Petrel /雪燕
Tragacanth gum comes from a thorny shrub. It is also a kind of tree gum. The gum exudes naturally from the roots of the plant and from incisions made in the stem. This is collected and when dried forms crystals of flakes or may be formed into blocks. The gum also names as “bird nest”, this is because after soaking, the expanded gum will look like bird nest. The nutrient does not lose out to bird nest as this gum also full of collagen, therefore, this gum also being call as a “commoner bird nest”
What are the benefit of Gum Tragacanth
Some old studies suggest that Gum Tragacanth helps flush out some fat from the human body and also improve gut health. The gum has also been used historically as a herbal remedy for cough and diarrhoea.
Natural Tragacanth has a light smell like vinegar, the stronger the sourly smell, the fresher the gum is. Not to worry about the smell, after 10 hours of soaking, the smell will go off. The product after soaking will become odourless, tasteless, viscous, water-soluble mixture.
Some health and beauty benefits that found in gum tragacanth are:
- Improve skin texture, elasticity and nourishes and increase moisture to the skin.
- Treating cough and diarrhoea.
- Improve acnes or pimples skin
- Treating body heat
- Reedy for urinary incontinence, helps in calming the urinary muscles in case of inflammation of the urinary tract and blockage of urine.
- Breast Enhancer, consume them once a week.
- It contains anti-aging properties; thus, it helps to delay wrinkles and fine lines.
- Increase strength in men – increase libido in men, help to stimulate sexual desire in men, it is an effective natural remedy for treating any type of sexual inadequacy in men, be it an early discharge, involuntary discharge or night discharge, it helps to treat it all.
- Strengthening body immune system.
- Cure mouth ulcers.
- Help bad breath
Note : Pregnant women, Lactation and children under age of 3 are not advisable to consume.
What is it in the Gum Tragacanth
How to choose gum tragacanth
How to store:
Keep it in a cool, dry place.
How to Prepare Gum Tragacanth (Photos taken locally with the actual products) :
Gum Tragacanth only take about 20 – 30 minutes to boil. Do not overboil it as it will dissolve and become liquid. You can choose to cook with varieties of ingredients, such as peach gum, snow fungus, etc. Maximum boiling hour should not more than half an hour.
Storage : keep in dry and cool area.
Specifications of Gum Tragacanth (雪燕)
What’s in the packet:
- 1 Packet gum Tragacanth – 150g
- Price $12.00
|Size (W x H)||14.2 x 20 cm|
|Warranty type||No Warranty|
Recipe | Gum tragacanth, papaya & Cranberries dessert
8g of gum tragacanth, soaked for at least 15 hours
Half papaya, remove seeds
Rock sugar to taste
Some dried cranberries
- After 15 hours soak, remove all the impurities in the gum, wash and drain.
- Cut the papaya into bite size.
- Put in the papaya, gum, rock sugar in a double boiler pot.
- When water boiled, put the pot in and double boil for 30 minutes. Let it cool down or keep inside fridge.
- Sprinkle some dried cranberries and serve.
Recipe | Peach gum with gum tragacanth soup
10g peach gum, soaked for at least 15 hours
6g gum tragacanth, soaked for 15 hours
200ml fresh milk
Rock sugar to taste
- Soak the gum in separated bowl for 15 hours, remove all the impurities for both gum, wash and drain.
- Place peach gum in a hot boiling water, boil for 20 minutes, add in the gum tragacanth, rock sugar, and milk, boil for 10 minutes.
- Stir well and serve.