What is Peach Gum
Peach Gum or Peach Resin is a kind of sticky substance produce from the peach tree. The composition of peach gum is collagen, galactose, rhamnose, amino acids, etc. The color of the peach gum is pale yellow or golden peach. The gelatine like peach gum is generally tasteless and it usually prepare as a nourishing dessert.
What are the benefit of Peach Gum
Peach gum has been described as a civilian bird nest. However, the price is so much lower compare to bird nest. The most essential benefits found in peach gum are:
- Detoxification of intestine
- To promote bowel movement
- Improve skin texture, improve elasticity, nourishes and increase moisture to the skin.
- Lighten pigmentation
- Reduced wrinkles
- Improve acnes or pimples skin
- Promote blood circulation
- Alleviate pain
- Replenish “qi” 气
- Note : Pregnant women, or women is having menstruation are not advisable to consume.
How to choose peach gum
|Natural peach gum is different in shape and sizes. Color is pale yellow. May see some impurities stick on it.||Man-made peach gum looks brighter red in color. Minimum impurities.|
How to store:
Keep it in a cool, dry place.
How to Prepare Peach Gum:
|Soak the peach gum for at least 15 to 20 hours till it turns soft. Put in large quantity of water into a bowl as shown in picture.
30g of peach gum is sufficient for 3 – 4 serving.
After 5 hours of soaking. Continue to soak till no hard lump.
After 20 hours of soaking, all the peach gum has turned soft. The size has enlarged to 8 – 10 times.
Remove the impurities and any of the black dirty parts in the peach gum.
|Clean it in a basket and wash thoroughly.|
Peach gum only take about 30 minutes to boil. Do not overboil it as it will dissolve and become a jelly like liquid. However, you can choose to double boil with varieties of ingredients.
If you want for:
- Nourishing for blood circulation and eyes – boil with goji berries, longan and red dates.
- Moisturizing for skin – boil with papaya, white snow fungus, bird nest.
- Moisturizing for lung – boil with lily bulbs, white pear, white fungus and Chinese almonds (南北杏)
- Moisturizing – boil with papaya, white snow fungus, pear, or papaya
- Replenishing of Qi- boil with Chinese Yam/ Nagaimo (Huai Shan)， lily bulbs.
- Diuretic detoxification – boil with papaya